Skip to main content

Reunited with Alyssa - Fall Time Visit Part One


 Hello there, it's Emeraude back for another addition of our fall series. Today is a special one, I will be recounting Angel and I's visit with Alyssa over thanksgiving (in October here in Canada). We had a blast and it was great to reunite even though it was short! Lets get right into it. 

At the end of our school day on the Friday (the day after she arrived), Alyssa came to pick us up from school at the end of the day. It was so great to catch up on the walk back to my house. That night we went for cheesecake and pumpkin spice lattes at our local cafe and bakery, we walked in the snow, and had a super fun sleepover. 

We had the whole bakery to ourselves, I guess no one else wanted to go out since it was getting cold. We shared a scrumptious pumpkin cheesecake and chatted until closing. I enjoyed a pumpkin spice latte and Alyssa tried one as well, meanwhile Angel chugged an iced tea faster than we could even take pictures of our drinks! 

All that was left when we were done munching. 


As you can imagine, it had been forever since the three of us were able to go out together for a fun Friday night, making this a real treat. It was nice to get back to old times and reminisce together. 

On our walk back to my house it was snowing lightly, and prettily. Because Angel and I live in such a small town we have the privilege of a short, safe walk home at night - especially since there are three of us together. We listened to music on the walk home and appreciated the brisk fresh air. 

Once we got in, we relaxed for a while before carving pumpkins... just kidding! We put on a throwback playlist and acted like crazy people (thanks for putting up for the crazy teen girls in your house). I'd say that we are rather tame for our age. I believe that a Friday night dance party with your girlfriends is good for the soul once in a while, and this time was no different. 

Once we had calmed down more from the excitement of having Alyssa around, we settled in to carve some small pumpkins that my mom had picked up for us the day before. Alyssa being the artist, made hers a fancy unicorn. Angel and I are a lot less pumpkinly gifted, and opted for simple faces on ours. I'm proud to report, however, that I cleaned mine out best and they both left some pumpkin guts in theirs. It was all in good fun! 

We moved the living room furniture (just like old times!) and set up sleeping bags in front of the smart TV in preparation for our movie. Our agreed upon sleepover movie selection was the new version of Charlie's Angels (my idea, your welcome ladies). Angel and Alyssa followed our old code of not sleeping till the first hours of the morning, and I embarrassingly fell asleep halfway through the movie... but that pretty much in character for me as I've historically been the first to fall asleep at sleepovers. 

It was a very successful Friday night if I do say so myself, and it was a great start to our weekend visit with Alyssa. Come back later this week for the part two to this blog! See you then. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hi, nice to meet you!

Well hello there. We are Alyssa and Emeraude, the Baked Beanettes. Two teenage girls who decided to write a blog together. We have been close friend for ages and share a lot of interest and figured "We can't be the only fifteen year olds who love tea, reading, Netflix, journaling, and cats," so here we are. This blog is here for each of us to make posts about topics that interest us that week, such as shows we're watching and things we're discussing together. Bear with us as we figure things out and please check out the "About Us" section to learn about our personalities. We're starting with two posts a week, understanding people have more time to read in the state the world is currently in we will try to put out as much as possible. You can count on Wednesdays and Sundays for now. Have a lovely day, With Love,  Emeraude & Alyssa

Our Friendship Volume I

Hiya! Emeraude here, wishing you a stupendous Sunday. Today I'm writing about Alyssa and I's friendship, and we'll hear her input this Wednesday. We have known each other since kindergarten having grown up in a small town, but got really close when I was in 6th Grade and she was in 7th Grade. I think we bonded first over our mutual love of swimming. I remember a summer where I would call her every night and we'd meet at the community pool and swim from opening to closing. We have never been interested in the popular crew, I believe that's part of the reason that we get along. Somehow we always end up loving the same things. Even when we don't plan to. We both love Sabrina Carpenter (a pop musician if you weren't aware, highly recommended) and watched her on the show "Girl Meets World" before we even really started hanging out. When the Netflix show "Lost in Space" came out we both watched it with our family's at the same time and foun

Dealing with Stress

Hiya! Emeraude here, wishing you a wonderful Wednesday. Do people even use the word stupendous? The next time I'm talking with somebody I'm going to use it as much as possible, just to see their reaction. Before we get into a discussion about teenagers and stress, I should answer Alyssa's question from last week. Her question was "What is your slushie order?" her's is interesting, mine is very simple! I like a medium blue-raspberry slushie on a hot summer day.  Everyone is stressed about something, that's just life. But do you know the actual definition of stress? I didn't, I wasn't even really sure what the difference between stress and anxiety was. That's why today I decided to write about dealing with stress.  I wanted to start by making sure I had a clear understanding on what was stress in my life and what was anxiety, because I think a common mistake I make when discussing these issues (which are equally important in my mind)